I'm reflecting on another school year that passed by even more quickly than the previous one. I'm finding myself crawling to the finish line trying to make sense of all the meaningful, challenging work the children did, and thinking about all the ways I want to adjust for next year. Preparing for summer, I'm making lists, just like I do during the year, but you might find this list a little surprising:
What I want to do this summer:
- Work on refining and writing new units for my Spanish program.
- Revise my system for giving feedback.
- Write a couple of really great IPAs.
- Attend amazing PD--so many to choose from--which one?!
- Read non-school related books(really).
- Shuffle around and pick at my garden(in pajamas with endless coffee).
- Have travel adventures with my daughter.
- Go camping.
I am going to focus on the should list(I'm sure my young daughter will appreciate it, too), so I can revisit that Want List feeling refreshed, ready, and focused. For me. And for the children.